Writing Advice for the Anxious
Last week I was talking with my sister about the Artemis Fowl movie that came out last June. We had watched it when it came out on Disney+ (we actually bought a year of the streaming service specifically so my dad could see it), but we hadn’t thought about it much since. In talking aboutContinue reading “Failure of Adaptation: A Reaction to Artemis Fowl (2020) Almost a Year Later”
On the first day of my first ever fiction writing course, my professor asked us a question: “what is realism?” The room was quiet for a while. We were versed enough in the pedagogy of English classes at this point to know that this was a trick question. The first question on the first dayContinue reading “What Even is Realism in Fiction?”
First things first, it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve written for you all. A meeting of the deadlines had me in its crossfire. And while I had a few posts on the back burner, I didn’t have as many as I needed to bridge the gap. So I am back from my informalContinue reading “Stuck on You: A Writer’s Look at Inspiration and Being Stuck on a Dead-End Idea”
Have a Book?
I am a freelance fiction editor specializing in the fantasy and horror genres, looking for clients. I work with new and experienced writers alike.
I’ll look at a draft in any state whether it’s had multiple revisions or if it’s a work in progress that needs some help moving forward.
Contact me for more information about my rates and schedule a consultation.
- Failure of Adaptation: A Reaction to Artemis Fowl (2020) Almost a Year Later
- What Even is Realism in Fiction?
- Stuck on You: A Writer’s Look at Inspiration and Being Stuck on a Dead-End Idea
- Understanding Story with the “Save the Cat” Model
- She Saw Head Verbs: One Small Change to Make Description More Engaging
- Blank Rooms: Filling in the Background of Scenes and Describing Setting
- You Should Know How to do That in Microsoft Word
- How Settings Affect Your Story
- Track Changes in Microsoft Word is a Lot
- The Struggle to Let our Characters Struggle
- The Magical Autocorrection and Reference Features of Microsoft Word
- 3 Probably Terrible Writing Exercises
- Headings Are Actually Amazing in Microsoft Word
- You Didn’t Know You Could Do That in Microsoft Word
- I Didn’t Understand the Point of Writing Prompts